Serving our clients' most sensitive litigation needs – white collar defense, regulatory enforcement, business and securities litigation – since 1973.
For over 45 years, Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello PC has been at the forefront of advising companies and individuals on complex white collar and regulatory matters and sophisticated business disputes. We are best known for our unparalleled trial experience.
Our practice includes the representation of individual and institutional clients in all phases of criminal and civil proceedings. Over the past several years we have tried numerous cases, including high profile white-collar matters in the federal and state courts, complex civil trials and arbitrations in New York and throughout the country, and criminal cases in which we served as appointed counsel for indigent defendants under the Criminal Justice Act. In addition to our trial practice, we regularly engage in pre-indictment advocacy and pre-trial negotiations and handle appeals of both criminal and civil matters. We also conduct sensitive internal investigations for our institutional clients, serve as independent counsel for boards of directors, and have represented such clients in related government investigations as well.
Our firm’s size promotes efficiencies and maximizes the service we provide to our clients. We are agile and able to quickly move the right talent to where specific expertise is needed. We are small enough to engage in a constant exchange of ideas and information, which permits the full breadth of the firm’s aggregate experience to be applied for the benefit of each client, and large enough to add lawyers at virtually any seniority level when the case warrants a larger team, or when the client so requests.
The lawyers at our firm have a broad range of prior experience in government service, including:
- Eleven Assistant U.S. Attorneys (SDNY and EDNY)
- Two Chiefs of the Criminal Division (SDNY and EDNY)
- One Chief of the Securities Fraud Unit (SDNY)
- One Chief of the Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force (SDNY)
- One Chief of the General Crimes Unit (SDNY)
- One Chief of the Civil Frauds Unit (SDNY)
- One Chief Appellate Attorney (SDNY)
- One Deputy Chief of Appeals (SDNY)
- One Regional Administrator for the New York office of the SEC
- One Assistant Deputy Mayor for the City of New York
- More than two-thirds of the firm’s partners have clerked for federal or state court judges