Email communications to the firm through this website will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm if one does not already exist. Please do not send any privileged or confidential information to the firm though the website.
Click below to confirm that you have read and understand this notice and to send the email.
Copyright © 2021 Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello PC
Karen R. King has more than 20 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, BSA/AML and OFAC compliance and enforcement matters, securities litigation and regulation, internal investigations, and strategic advice. She is a skilled trial attorney and advocate, representing clients in numerous federal and state courts, including in jury and bench trials. She has also represented multiple global institutions before the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the New York Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve, FinCEN, OFAC, and FINRA.
Karen has been recognized for her commitment to pro bono work. She was the recipient of the Federal Bar Council’s Thurgood Marshall Award for Exceptional Pro Bono Service in 2019, as well as the Pro Bono award from the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association. She serves as the Vice Chair of the Pro Bono and Community Service Committee of the Asian American Bar Association of New York and is a member of the second Circuit Pro-Bono panel.
Karen received her J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2000, where she was an editor of the Journal of Law and Technology, and her B.A. from Yale University in 1997. She speaks Mandarin.
- Represented multiple financial institutions in enforcement actions and investigations relating to BSA/AML and sanctions compliance program deficiencies, including before the NY DFS, Fed, OFAC, FinCEN, and DOJ.
- Represented various global companies (including in the financial, pharmaceutical, entertainment, and technology sectors) in securities class actions, derivative actions, ERISA class actions, and antitrust class actions.
- Lead trial attorney in a federal Hague convention trial and appeal, including before the Second Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Lead trial attorney for § 1983 action alleging excessive force by police during arrest.
- Lead trial attorney in multiple employment discrimination and retaliation actions in federal court.
- Represented fast food company in litigations involving allegations of racial discrimination in business practices relating to franchisees.
- Represented multiple international companies in litigations involving disputes over personal jurisdiction in U.S. courts.
- Represented European-based global bank in multi-year sanctions investigation and enforcement proceedings by DOJ, OFAC, Fed, and DFS, and grand jury subpoenas.
- Represented U.S. bank in multi-year federal grand jury investigation of its compliance with BSA/AML requirements, also involving banking regulators.
- Represented cryptocurrency exchange in litigations and regulatory investigations relating to U.S. jurisdiction, contractual obligations, and AML/sanctions compliance.
- Represented government entity in adversary proceeding relating to contract claims.
- Represented multiple pharmaceutical companies in securities fraud actions and related matters relating to public statements about safety profile of blockbuster medications.