Email communications to the firm through this website will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm if one does not already exist. Please do not send any privileged or confidential information to the firm though the website.
Click below to confirm that you have read and understand this notice and to send the email.
Copyright © 2020 Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello PC
Daniel F. Wachtell represents individuals and companies in a range of criminal and regulatory investigations, enforcement actions, civil litigation, and compliance matters. He has substantial experience representing individual clients under investigation by the Department of Justice, the New York County District Attorney’s Office, the New York State Attorney General’s Office, the SEC, FINRA, and various other federal and state authorities, on topics including alleged mail and wire fraud, insider trading, criminal and civil tax violations, suspicious trading patterns, supervisory and internal controls violations, and professional misconduct. Additionally, Dan has also defended a number of indigent clients through the Firm’s service as Criminal Justice Act (CJA) counsel.
Dan has been named a “Rising Star” in the area of White Collar Criminal Defense by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers.
From 2009 to 2010, Dan was a Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard M. Berman of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Dan received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2008, where he was Managing Editor of the New York University Law Review.
- Obtained a not-guilty verdict on all four counts of a federal indictment charging an attorney with wire fraud, mail fraud, conspiracy, and money laundering in connection with the issuance of surety bonds to construction-industry contractors, following a two-week jury trial in the Eastern District of New York.
- Persuaded FINRA not to file any charges against an investment advisor whom it had initially sought to bar from the industry based on allegations of misappropriation and false statements in connection with the advisor’s expense reporting.
- Represented the outside directors of a multi-billion dollar European media company and conducted internal investigation into potential commercial bribery and FCPA violations.
- Wrote a successful appeal to the Supreme Court of Indiana, resulting in the reinstatement of a grant of summary judgment in favor of the client in a multi-million dollar employment dispute.
- Successfully challenged an initial, adverse determination by the IRS in United States Tax Court on behalf of a closely-held company and its principals.
- Represented employees of a nationally recognized statistical rating organization (NRSRO) in connection with investigations by the Department of Justice and the SEC regarding the rating of mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented employees of a leading global bank in connection with investigations by the Department of Justice and the FDIC into adequacy of the bank’s anti-money laundering controls and compliance framework.